Maura Massucci, O.D., F.C.O.V.D. is residency trained in Vision Therapy and Rehabilitation. She began her extensive education at the University of Notre Dame, graduating magna cum laude. She then received her Doctor of Optometry degree from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry. Dr. Massucci was selected for the prestigious residency program at the State University of New York, College of Optometry (SUNY), in Manhattan. This extensive program includes training in pediatrics, amblyopia, strabismus, and vision therapy.
After several years of practice in New York and New Jersey, Dr. Massucci returned home to the Pittsburgh area to found Massucci Vision Plus where she practices full scope optometry with a focus on vision therapy, rehabilitation, and the examination of patients with special needs. Dr. Massucci has also done extensive work with patients recovering from concussions and other brain injuries that effect vision. In 2011, Dr. Massucci became board certified in children’s vision, vision therapy, and visual rehabilitation. Dr. Massucci is a Board Certified Fellow in developmental vision and vision therapy by the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (F.C.O.V.D.). She lectures internationally on these topics.
Additional areas of clinical interest for Dr. Massucci include fitting contact lenses (including contact lenses for astigmatism and multifocal contact lenses) and treating Dry Eye Syndrome. She is licensed to treat ocular disease, including glaucoma, diabetes, age related macular degeneration (ARMD), and anterior/ posterior segment pathology, including eye infections.
- Doctor of Optometry degree from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Residency Certificate in Vision Therapy and Rehabilitation from SUNY State College of Optometry in New York, NY
- Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development
- Member of the American Optometric Association
- Member of the Pennsylvania Optometric Association
- Member of the Western Pennsylvania Optometric Society
- Member of the American Optometric Association Vision Rehabilitation Section
- Member of the Optometric Extension Program
- InfantSEE Provider
- Certified provider of Paragon CRT for Corneal Refractive Therapy
- Recognized as one of New Jersey Family’s Favorite Kids’ Docs in 2012 and 2013
- Young Optometrist of the Year 2016, Western Pennsylvania Optometric Society
- Young Optometrist of the Year 2016, Pennsylvania Optometric Association